Now accepting intern applicants for 2021-2022!
Our Community Leadership Internship Program is hosted in collaboration with schools offering academic credit and organizations doing externship placements. The program integrates vocational training, socio-political education, liberation art, community organizing and healing/personal transformation. CLIP Interns will use the skills and practices they learned, to act as leaders in BAY-Peace’s Youth ARTS (Addressing Real Traumas and Solutions) Initiative which focuses on implementing youth-led efforts in the community that aim to heal trauma, transform violence and reimagine safety/wellness in our schools, homes and streets through participatory action research, community organizing, arts and education. CLIP focuses specifically on leading our organizing efforts by designing and implementing a community action project.
- Metwest & Street Academy students receive academic credit
- Program partners can provide compensation to eligible youth
- Youth on probation can complete their community service hours through program participation
- All CLIP members who successfully complete their program will be eligible to apply for a paid position as a BAY-Peace Youth Leader in the following program year
- This is a hybrid in-person and online internship.
- Ages 14-21
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- Ability to work well independently and in collaboration with a team in a dynamic environment
- Desire to promote anti-violence in the community
- Good, or desire to grow, public speaking skills
- At-risk Youth, youth impacted by violence and systems involved youth are highly encouraged to apply
Duties may include:
- 4-8 hours of work per week
- Attend weekly trainings (work, socio-political education, wellness)
- Collaborate with other CLIP members to Develop, Plan and Implement a community action project as part of our BAY-Peace’s Youth ARTS Initiative, bringing to life a solution for violence in our schools, homes and streets
- Write or design digital media content for newsletters, email blasts, website and/or social media
- Actively engage with our social media platforms
- Support with fundraising activities such as calls, emails, letter, online campaigns and tabling.
- Act as a community ambassador for peace, healing and consciousness on behalf of BAY-Peace
- Conduct outreach to engage the larger community with our efforts
- Create/modify curriculum/Facilitate guest workshops and/or healing circles